MF clutch

When you have a very technical issue, let's try to ask John who is a real expert since he has spent more than 20 years of his life working on TE 20s !

In english here please

Modérateur: VINCENT

MF clutch

Message par JJ Van Oak » 30 Juil 2006, 22:30

Hi Mr John,

i just finish repairing, or i should say, adjusting the clutch on my 1962 MF Super 90. I was havin problems shifhting but now, its doin a lot better.

Is there a danger in "over adjusting" the clutch, i mean its now way more more "stiff" than it was before...??

Thanks a lot

Best regards

JJ
JJ Van Oak

Message(s) : 45

Message par john » 31 Juil 2006, 22:00

Yes there is a danger of over adjusting it as you put it, usually the cause is the PTO clutch when the pedal goes hard. You need to check the adjustment of the PTO clutch through the bottom panel under the clutch housing, there are three adjusting screws, one between each clutch operating lever, check the clearance it should be .090" if everything is ok and unworn but no doubt there is some wear in the clutch now so drop the clearance by .005" at a time until the PTO clutch clears easily, this clearance should not be lower than .070" clearance. then adjust the main clutch pedal to give free play of .5". If that doesn't repair the problem then it will mean the clutch will have to be removed from the tractor and overhauled. I am assuming that your tractor PTO clutch is on the main pedal and not on a separate lever, but the adjustment should be the same...John

Oui il y a un danger d'excédent l'ajustant car vous le mettez, habituellement la cause est l'embrayage de PTO quand la pédale va dur. Vous devez vérifier l'ajustement de l'embrayage de PTO par le panneau inférieur sous le logement d'embrayage, là êtes trois vis de réglage, une entre chaque levier d'opérer d'embrayage, vérifiez le dégagement que ce devrait être 090"si tout est correct et non usé mais aucun doute là n'est de l'usage dans l'embrayage laissent tomber maintenant ainsi le dégagement par le 005" à la fois jusqu'à ce que l'embrayage de PTO se dégage facilement, ce dégagement est inférieur que le dégagement de 070"alors ajustent la pédale principale d'embrayage donnent le jeu libre du 5". Si cela ne répare pas le problème puis il signifiera que l'embrayage devra être enlevé du tracteur et être révisé. Je suppose que votre embrayage du tracteur PTO est sur la pédale principale et pas sur un levier séparé, mais l'ajustement devrait être identiques....John
john
THE Ferguson Expert ;-)

Message(s) : 120

Message par Invité » 01 Août 2006, 03:55

First of all Mr John, thanks a lot for answering my question, its greatly appreciated.

My PTO clutch is on the main pedal, you are right.

I will try to find the 3 adjusting screws (we do not see them from the outside of the tractor no ?). A thing is sure, there's a problem with the main clutch pedal adjustment, it doesn't have any free play at all , the pedal is stop by the" top piece retainer" ...

Also, I am not sure but it seems to me when using my loader after the adjustments were made and shifting was easier, that the PTO was still turning a couple of times(not all the times) while i was pressing the clutch down instead of stopping ( loader pump is on the PTO), is that telling you something ?

I am suppose to return at my wood land at the end of the week, i will try to re-evaluate my adjustments with the infos youre giving me.

Again John, thanks a lot for kindly share youre expertise, it will help me a lot...could be long for me to fix it for good, but i'll survive !

Ty

JJ
Invité

Message par Invité » 01 Août 2006, 03:57

Sorry Mr John, i forgot to register before writing my message. The preceding message was from me !

JJ Van Oak
Invité

Retour vers Contact THE expert